Hi all! I am brand new here. My DD4 was just tested a few weeks ago, about a month after her 4th bday. I am a bit clueless to the results and didn't even ask for a copy. I think her IQ was 139, but I am not even positive about that. Just emailed the tester for verification. A brief history of our family- I am a teacher, laid off due to a school dropping half its students. I was pregnant at the time and now have a 3 month old DD. So, we are pulling DD4 out of preschool. I have had multiple conferences with her preschool teachers, heads of departments, and even the head of school for 2 years. It's the best private school in New Orleans IMO, and I am really upset at having it turn out so awful. I was basically told she would learn social skills and that was it. Now that I am unemployed and home with DD3mo anyway, we have decided to homeschool. I have taught school for 10 years and have a Masters in Early Childhood. Still, I feel overwhelmed at the thought. Any advice is hugely appreciated. I need information about structure, curriculum, computer games, sites, etc. She is ready to read but not past BOB books (self-taught) and DRA 6 or 8. She had mastered all kindergarten math skills before her 3rd bday. (Then came the 2 wasted years of preschool.) I have tons of materials that all seem too easy and I taught first grade, but the second grade books I looked at seem too hard. Could be lack of exposure? I guess I am needing direction. We are hoping for gifted preK placement for next year, but it's a lottery (Find out March 7).

Thanks!
Holly