LNEsMom, That's kinda what I was thinking. She liked the project. She just needs freedom and time to do it her way. I think she was getting that freedom and time at home. I am very willing to accept the fact that she isn't moving ahead in Math as long as she is happy and thriving. These assignments are inspiring her to create, think and produce. I know a lot of people have teachers who won't even do that, and I am greatful for that.

My problem is that once my DD gets going, and she wants to do it at home, why are they squashing that? I also am offended that the VP thinks that my DD needs balance...She is soooo balanced and teachers have been commenting on her ability to balance school work with her social life so elegantly.

I think also, what is the teacher going to give her to do when she finishes her game and the Unit hasn't been finished yet?

Another think about the game....To make a good game, don't you have to test it periodically? Before you make the nice pieces and laminate?

My DD wanted to test play it with Daddy, so she could understand her game better and adjust the rules if need be. She said there was nobody to test it with at school, so she did it at home. Aren't these the 'soft skills' the VP is referring to? Isn't she displaying soft skills when she prepares for the next day's Math session the night before? I'm so confused...