Scratch sounds fun. I'll look into it. Thanks. I planned the meeting with the vp for Tuesday and it is the first time my DH will be attending a meeting. I guess I am at a loss for WHAT exactly I am asking for. I try not to be insulting. I have asked twice for a book list of books that are at my DD's reading level, Lexile 1210, from the Reading Teacher. She is required to read a book for 20 minutes a day at her Lexile Level, but there aren't many books at that level that a 9 year old can relate to. The Reading Teacher has come up with nothing. She just keeps saying that DD has already read a lot of books and she is in a weird phase right now. How can I be respectful of the teachers when they can even suggest a book! There are thousonds!

I might ask for independent sudies. Where she studies by herself in the Library, with access to a computer and presents her findings to the Gifted Coordinator or VP every 2 or 3 weeks. That sounds like something she might like.

Another weird thing is that the school works hard to make all kids feel like they fit in. So they don't do 'pull outs' with the gifted kids. BUT in the classroom, the same two kids keep getting enrichment and the boy who gets enrichment with DD keeps calling her and him "smart farts"...not sure how my DD feels about this. UGH! HEEELLLLP!

I am seriously considering homeschooling at this point. My DD LOVES the school atmosphere though. But I have heard her talking to some kids from school on the phone and she seems to 'talk down' to them. Like, she was playing 'Math Playground' last night and wanted the girl to click on 'Grand Prix' but DD pronounced it 'Grand Pree' and then turned to me and whispered that she said that so the girl would know what she was talking about. I have no idea if this girl know how to pronouce 'prix' but my DD assumed she didn't. This isn't healthy. She is developing this poor image of her classmates. She is always gentle and kind, but I don't want her assume that others don't understand basic things. This could create a very bad personality!

So, I ask myself, if I homeschool her, I will be taking her away from the social environment that she thrives on and loves, but there really aren't intelectual peers anyway, so why not? Oh so many questions.