My dad was the my kids are supposed to be smart kind of dad, and thankfully we were, if we had been arty or dreamy life would have been much tougher. So with DS5 both my parents were initially unimpressed. But the socially inept engineer turned grandpa adored DS in away didn't as a parent. Both parents felt we were doing what you were supposed to do, but then they also gave me textbooks to work on at home so might be a bit skewed LOL, whem I started to say no I think he was more than we were, they were resistant. But then grandma became the biggest supporter and this was the woman who was still bragging about my reading before 4, she made sure to tell me I wasn't reading anything like what DS was reading at the same age. But she says nothing to my brother because his kids same age are more regularly gifted.

But my dad who should be doing all sorts of fun science things, doesn't and is just jealous about the relationship DS has with grandma, it's like he can't even figured out what he could do to relate better yet he desperately wants to. On the one hand he accepts that DS is ahead but still treats him like he is 3. The one time they did snap circuits they had a great time. He brags about his abilities to others but subtly diminishes them in his presences which annoys DS.. I supposed I should be grateful it's not overt like it was with me.

Also, once I started trying to figure out DS it started me questioning them in terms of what they did with me. I still have not accepted it especially the effects on my psyche but I am a little more understanding that they did the best they could at the time.

And they desperately wanted to know DSs number but I asked the, point blank why do you want to know, and they had no good reason beyond wanting some outside recognition that i was either right or wrong. But if they were offended or annoyed they got over it. But I knew they should not have it specifically but I did tell them we were testing, but not DHs family. The are flipped put enough that he needs to be tested for K.

Wow, no idea I had so many thoughts on this!!

DeHe