Thanks everyone- I have my good spirited little voices on my shoulder for our meeting! It's this afternoon so I'll post again tonight.

The teacher isn't providing instruction because she doesn't have "time." He was doing ALEKS in class for about a month but she found that too distracting for the other students. Then they switched to Accelerated Math (which is a total misnomer and not accelerated- it's just a worksheet maker.) He gets sent home worksheets for homework but isn't supposed to do them in class because it's "disruptive" because other students want to know what he's doing.

They won't subject accelerate him, partly due to our protests. The only part of the day my DS truly loves is Spanish class. He would have to miss it to go up the next grade level (4th). I asked that they test him and see if he could go up to 5th (which is what both ALEKS and his MAP scores say) but the principal was unwilling. His take is that a 7 year old does not belong in a 5th grade class.

Hence the giant meeting today- everyone in one room, no more he said she said, no more making stuff up or blaming. It's time for a plan that makes sense or for us to leave and go somewhere else next year.