Originally Posted by Nik
She is home-schooled (mostly self-schooled) and taking college classes where I can't observe her so I guess that makes it more difficult.

Does she get into trouble for not having work done (at all or not on time), trouble with group work, conflicts with professors, etc.? These issues should be reported to your tester whether or not you can record them on the GADS. But I do think you should ask your tester what they want you to write on the GADS in this instance; it does sound to me like the eval is in order and you don't want them to miss something just because the questionnaire is foolish. Are they also doing the ADOS?

I agree, it's much harder to judge when you can't see them in the contexts where they struggle. For our elementary age DS who has AS, we send an observer into school to take data. It would be harder for a person who's 17.

Originally Posted by Nik
So then yelling, throwing something and curling up in a catatonic ball on the floor in response to my taking away her Laptop at night would count as 3 instances of reacting inappropriately rather than all part of one instance?

Heck, that one's complicated for counting purposes... and doesn't sound like fun for either of you.

I think you need to hand the person who's doing the eval a list of data taken at home (descriptions of what set her off and what she did in response, an "antecedent-behavior-consequence" log) that document this sort of thing; that will provide important supplementary information to the standardized tests.

DeeDee