In our case, there won't be another child. We are older, and considered ourselves lucky when DD came naturally. DH got fixed after she came.

And I think that is part of it. I have been to over 50 countries, had amazing experiences and now it is all about DD. I know I will get a million posts that isn't healthy. DH and I tried doing date nights but I still had to get up in the morning and that was hard. Especially now with a dog.

I enjoy her so much because I waited for her for so long. And DD is so amazing and delightful. But that has nothing to do with overscheduling.

I was overscheduled, the way I was raised, and at 11 I chose seriously overscheduling because I started to compete in figure skating and still had piano and ballet. I spent my summers away skating all day. And at 13, in grade 9, I missed over 50 days of school because of skating practice. But my grades never weakened. I was the top in the class pretty much through high school and my math teacher asked me to compete on the math team, while I was cheerleading, on the track team and skating.

So I think it depends on the kid.

Ren