Thank you SO much for responding you guys! I am so thankful bc I don't feel alone on this.

Yes, I agree I see this silliness with boys a LOT and then think..well he's not THAT bad. AND usually when I tell him to stop, or call attention to it he says "Okay" with a reluctant smile. I think he gets caught up in the fun of it all which I guess is somewhat normal, I just wish he was out of that phase already smile

mnmom23, thank you for asking questions:

When we read books together, yes he totally understands all the characters' feelings, motives etc. When I ask him about daily things...last year it was quite a struggle to get info out of him. This year he is more facile with this but he does sometimes/often struggle with putting his sentences together. How do I explain this? He can answer questions but doesn't go on and on about anything. Like it's kind of too much effort if we ask too many questions. And when we have to have "talks" about behavior or something he agonizes that I'm talking to much! smile Also with the talking, when he asks us questions out of the blue, he will often have to ask it a second or third time until I can understand what he is talking about. Something about giving context to the question and/or just getting the words out. But overall I wouldn't really suspect and speech issues, but that's just me.

He does sympathize with everyone, not concerned with that. Always seeking emotional and physical affection, giving it too. Always wants friends over but in the past often has trouble sharing toys once they get here. I am always reminding him to play WITH the other kid if you want them over so badly. But it's coming along.

That's the thing, I coach him a lot but he really learns quite well from my coaching.

Doesn't have any strong interests that isolate him - just really interested in numbers, always notices them. Shapes too and colors. He is quite advanced in math for his age too and understands new math concepts quite easily. Computations come easily but so do larger math concepts. He used to be "overly fascinated" with counting numbers, digital clocks, countdowns but is largely over it. I never considered it obsessive, just very fascinated if that makes sense.

Sorry if too much info, this is such a complicated thing though smile