Welcome, no I don't think everyone here is a parent, and also most of those were young once too! wink

Yes my brain does the little movie, too, I wouldn't have it any other way. My ds9 recently read the Percy Jackson books and he said it was like watching a movie AND playing a video game at the same time! (So anyway, he liked the books!)

I am not sure all people do that movie in the head thing, that might be a visual-spatial tendency.

I have had people tell me books like 'Pride and Prejudice' are boring, and I just do NOT know what to say. When asked if I've read anything good lately I usually have a few things to say because I'm reading at least a couple books at once...maybe not when the kids were first born, but I am getting back to my old habits, which I very much enjoy.
My dh is the same way, many books, some books over and over. Don't worry that reading isn't 'cool' or interesting, you will eventually find folks who love books, reading and discussing books ...hopefully sooner rather than later!