I live books...it is great. When I was a kid I would remember books I had read for a long time by "the movie" they made in my head. I still do I guess but I think I used it more when I was little to make connections. I also remember where in the book things happened because I am able to visualize it so easily. So I have freaked a lot of people out by turning right to the page. In high school I used it to memorize chalkboards. I could see where all the words were and when the teacher drew diagrams and explained how things worked I could make them come alive in my head. And despite what people say I actually learned a lot of fact from television. I am guessing that since the visual part of it is taken care of on television my mind doesn't wander as much as when I am reading a book so I focus on fact. I do prefer to read. I can already see this is my daughter. She is 4. She has had more nightmares from books and her own life experiences than movies and she has watched some fairly scary movies for a 4yr old. I think this is probably what allows my daughter and me to be so creative. When someone says a word I can usually pull up several images in my head and most of them are images I made up from descriptions in books.