excellent advice all around.

Bonusmom -

I hope some of the advice will be useful to you. At the very least, that posting your angst and getting it out is theraputic.

I know for me sometimes the hardest part is "getting out of my own head." for instance, the soap thing. the same thing happens with us. ALL the TIME

typical scenario: I ask DS to wash his hands and watch him run into the bathroom and run out. He is barely in there for a minute so I know he probably, touched the soap for a split second, and then wash his hands for 2 or 3 seconds. (He sometimes does it when I am standing right there!)

I am thinking to myself. "DS needs to wash his hands properly so that he won't get sick. especially since it is flu season, and he is susceptible to bronchitis. And if he got sick he would miss school and I would miss work. And his class is having field trip this week... How can he not remember to use soap when DH and I have reminded him 17 times every day for the last 3 years?...? this kid is going to drive me nuts! etc."

But then I remember that he is not thinking any of this stuff. He is probably thinking:

"The sooner I get in and out of the bathroom, the sooner I can go back to palying legos. Maybe she won't notice that I only touched the soap etc."

Sound familar to anyone? whistle

Last edited by EastnWest; 10/26/09 10:38 AM. Reason: typos