Originally Posted by passthepotatoes
It sounds like it is a developmentally normal place for him to be

I'm trying really hard not to push him because he doesn't say very many words clearly but our non-verbal communication is excellent smile. If he wants juice he gets me a cup, if he's hungry, well he walks right over to the counter and grabs the bread laugh (He's pretty tall for 15 months!). He knows words like "ou side" and can turn the TV on and climb pretty much anywhere he wants to go.

He just seems to loose words frequently and get them all jumbled up, I want some fun games so he can stop frustrating himself smile. I have no problem with him saying thing like "ac or" (tractor) because I understand him perfectly and we have entire conversations no one else understands all the time laugh. It's just Lucas who seems to get really annoying and will repeat the word over and over again until he can say it just like mommy. He's also have a really hard time with the new cat Peaches, and can't pronounce her name at all, but he tries! Every time he sees her "Hi P....". (It comes out like "Pea Hea S" I'm just waiting for him to start practising the "ch" "ch" "ch")

I haven't tried Starfall yet but I definitely will. I did borrow a "Your Baby Can Read" dvd from a friend, he doesn't have the attention span to listen to it for long, but really enjoys the slow word pronunciation.

The other day he told me "Yea, Buss Teeet", man is he cute!! laugh but the frustrating thing for me is that he says things like "Fishy" and "Ma ison" (Madison our dog) and "Hi Kitty!" and "Daddy! Da da da Daddy!" but no Mommy, he doesn't even try *sniff*

Last edited by Nes; 08/20/09 06:56 PM.