I am little late on this one. But we did not do anything until 4 years old. (Now DS6) wanted to learn more back then but we refused to teach him, because of the fear of, what would he learn in school then? When we tested with the SB-LM at 4, the pyhscologist strongly suggested that we start teaching him at home. Her concern was that he was teaching himself, and that anything that he learned incorrectly would have to be redone. And that it would be more difficult because of stuborness, and perfectionsim. This issue just came up this week with the calender. DS6 belived their where 364 days in a year, excluding the leap year where their where 365. I explained that their was 365. He adamently disagreed, I showed him on the computer, he said they where wrong. So I asked him why, he said that one month has 28 days, 6 months have 31 days and 5 months have 30 days. So a year is 364 days. I had to look it up, but 7 months have 31 days, once I showed him that, he was ok with a year having 365 days. They are always teaching themselves, but maybe not always with the right information. I am ok with teaching them (Everything but spelling that is)

Last edited by Edwin; 03/19/09 09:00 AM.