I keep telling myself that the preschool attached to a church is not really academic and is more for socialization so my expectations are not that high, but hearing your story really makes me have doubts. I take DD to the playground a lot here lately since we have had such beautiful weather and since the weather is so nice there have been a lot more children to play with her. So the other day this one boy who is almost a year older then her was there and totally infatuated with her so followed her everywhere. She wanted to go down the big slide but he got on first and wouldn't go down. So she starts telling him how rude he is and he needs to move and I think she pushed him and then he pushed her. So finally we get him to move and she slides down but he follows her everywhere. So since then I have had to hear how boys are mean and rude and they push and on and on. This is why I want her in preschool so she can adjust to other kids. If she is walking across the play equipment and other kids are in the way she politely says excuse me and if she bumps someone I hear her tell them she is sorry. This isn't the norm for a toddler and I am not saying I want to change her but she needs to learn that not everyone is as polite and some kids are more rowdy then others.

I just hope she doesn't end up spending so much time by herself while at preschool. You would think the teacher could have gotten involved and our preschools around here are the same way about not advancing them since they go by the public school cutoff dates. They won't allow a child to move up in a class by abilities but group by age. But I am excited for you that homeschooling is working for you and your family.