These are very good ideas. The parents have told me repeatedly that they do appreciate all I have done for him this year. I just think they are a little in GT denial--they say things like, "yes he is smart, but we just want him to be happy" and "we know he is smart, but there are a lot of smart kids in the class" Well, we have one other child ID'd GT and he is MG, like 95%. They volunteer about once a week in the class during math time so they know the reality. But they are always so positive and complimentary of all the kids in the class.

I will be very curious to see what his options are.

I never make him do the regular class math--I always create extensions for him but they still do not reach his level and he breezes through everything I give him. What he needs is an entirely different curriculum. He does play the math games with the other kids and really enjoys them, even though he's not "learning" anything new, just as we might enjoy playing a mindless game like "Crazy Eights." I guess I worry how long he is going to remain happy when there is never any challenge for him.

His mom told me he was loving the testing--probably b/c it's the first time this year he's done something really hard!

And I would never post the real scores b/c I know they could end up here. When I get them maybe I can PM you Dottie and see what you think. Thanks for your advice.