Originally Posted by doubtfulguest
Originally Posted by aquinas
I need a red phone here with a direct line to you sometimes, it seems.

I'm now starting to appreciate the logic of parents of HG+ children having another child, in part, so the firstborn has a natural playmate. (A LOT of assumptions feed into that statement, though.)

hee! that's lovely. red phone/PM me anytime!

and yeah - now that i'm homeschooling anyway, i frequently think "if i'd had another..." but honestly, this one was ENOUGH. i rarely say this (thought i think i have to y'all here) the main reason we didn't have two is that this one is beyond exhausting. i was so relieved when i started to research giftedness that the high-intensity is a real thing - for years, i thought i was just really weak! smile

Definitely not weak. Parenting DS is a 20-hour-a-day job with no sick leave. I imagine its similar with your DD. But this job has the best benefits in the world, and I get to kiss my "boss" good morning every day as he looks up at me with his bright eyes.

If I'm never able to have another child, I will still feel completely fulfilled, because DS is giving me the experience of parenting three "normal" children! wink