I've heard that complaint by others about Big Brainz. Too many distracting graphics or whatever. But the time limit actually seems pretty long compared to other programs I've seen. I think it just depends on the kid. DS likes the music as loud as possible (he's probably sensory-seeking), and gets a huge kick out of just screwing around--throwing his lizard-alien runt into lava pits, off cliffs, etc., making him run around like an unruly toddler with ADHD, etc. If he gets answers wrong, it doesn't bother him. I find him by himself laughing hysterically at the game and the fact that he's getting beaten by a spiked club. DD, on the other hand, can get upset or frustrated depending on her mood. I wish I could find a good fluency program for her that she actually wants to do everyday. She made it all the way through multiplication, including the post test which she did fine on, then a week later she had forgotten 1/3 of the facts. Or at least couldn't recall them within the time limit. Maybe it's just too much to ask of a kid with processing speed/focus issues.

Last edited by blackcat; 09/12/13 07:30 PM.