You can also try Xtra Math.com for fluency--it's only a few minutes per day, but it actually has a shoter time limit than Big Brainz (I think with Xtra Math they have to type in the answer within 3 seconds--not sure if a parent can change the settings). The one thing I don't like about other fluency programs like Xtra Math as opposed to Big Brainz, is that they teach addition and subtraction separately, so then when a kid masters addition, they have a really hard time switching the sign in their head. With Big Brainz they teach addition/subtraction as number partners which fits perfectly with the curriculum they do in school. So 2+1=3, 3-1=2, 3-2=1, etc.

My DD has pretty severe ADHD (DS might as well, actually)and these fluency programs are frustrating for her if she's not properly medicated. Doesn't matter which program it is--if it's timed, she has problems. Not sure what the answer is. She has to do a fluency program at school, too. She didn't seem to be making much progress there so I decided to intervene at home over the summer. Teacher last year said she was almost always the last kid in the class to get written math work done, and now it is much better, so I think it worked.