Okay, we're ready to homeschool our first grader LD (first letters of our sons names). I just got back from another morning of volunteering at his school. He's got a fantastic teacher and yet he is still bored and so far from being challenged I stay up nights knowing I'm not doing enough. Last year I chalked up his boredom to a bad teacher (she's nice enough but has no desire to reach out to students much less parents concerns of students) This year the teacher's GREAT! but he's still bored. damn damn damn (I hope I can say that here) MCAS and No Child Left Behind!!!! I have absolutely no doubt that I can teach more than the schools can, at least in the early grades. I was hoping to get tidbits of advice that people have found over the years. I've never had LD tested but I'm pretty certain he'd be considered gifted. He's reading at at least a 3rd grade level. There is no school curriculum for anything but reading so I have no idea where he stands with any other subject. He's doing math problems in school that he easily mastered last year at home. He has an enormous interest in science and social studies. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

parents of boys l is 6 and d is 3