Well the OT eval gave a diagnosis of "Lack of Coordination including Dyspraxia and Hypotonia". SPD isn't mentioned and only one objective mentions working on his sensory issues.

When I see Dyspraxia and know that we have suspected Dysgraphia, I start thinking maybe we better follow through with the Neuro Psychologist to put the pieces together.

We are starting OT next week and should get in about 6wks of 2x a week before we re-evaluate the vision piece.

My son had a major anxiety flare up when we were travelling and visiting relatives last week and it was an awful trip. He couldn't handle the noise level when we went to VBS at church. He couldn't play outside with his cousins because he couldn't physically do the things they wanted to do. He couldn't be out of eyeshot of me even for the bathroom. He couldn't fall asleep. He was scared of everything and it was exhausting. We came home early.

It left me wondering if we are going to ever get to a more "normal" existence from all of these efforts or if we will end up having spent thousands of dollars and hours without meaningful improvement.

I know our diagnoses so very often are comorbid and have seen many here with a similar list. I find myself pondering if it is all really pieces of a disorder yet unidentified or perhaps how a gifted brain develops to accommodate specific deficiencies....

Back at home with no school my son is calm and sweet and cheerful as usual. He seems like such a normal bright little guy as long as you don't put a pencil or crayon in his hand or ask him to do another physical skill.