Our results visit didn't go as well as I hoped. The doc was running nearly a half hour behind schedule which left us only 20min to discuss our son's testing results before we had to leave to pick him up from school.

She said he was a real puzzle to her because he was so smart and should be very behind on reading. She admitted they had had difficulty in doing his testing and getting accurate results. (I believe this is in part due to the incompetence of her staff. They seem overwhelmingly mentally slow to me.) She did not give us any written report, was unsure how long therapy would take (because she felt unsure how quickly he would catch on since he was so smart), and only wanted to give us copies of his testing within a written report for school which we could use to apply for a sec 504. It was a mess.

However there were some clear things on the testing which match what I had seen and figured out. It seems Convergence Insufficiency and Ocular Motor Dysfunction are the big issues. I found the pictures of how these disorders affect vision very helpful: http://www.bernsteincenterforvisual...-problems-oculomotor-dysfunction-or-omd. My son says these are pretty good representations of what he sees when he is having issues. I have printed the content from the appropriate pages to help me explain this to our close circle.

I'm very frustrated with the time we have put in to this so far and the lack of solid high level information we have gotten back. It was like pulling teeth to get the terms for the visual issues he has so I could research myself.

She kept wanting to talk about how her therapy makes change "at the cellular level" and so it is faster and sees results quicker than the old methods. Anybody know what she is talking about??