This sounds good. Speaking from experience, ds7 had 4 years of pt and ot when he started vt at 4 years old. He had neck surgery before starting VT too. I remember his behavioral optometrist said that he needed to have the neck surgery and years of pt/ot before he started VT too. The SPD and other issues were too intractable and outstanding otherwise. We would have just been spinning our wheels.

Ds7 spent 2.5 yrs in VT. It can make a huge difference, especially combined with ot/pt. I wish you luck. It can be a long journey. I remember when Ds's former behavioral optometrist pointed out the deficits too. Wow. It was incredible. And what a journey we had. I learned so much about vision.

Behavioral optometry is about how the eyes function with the brain and body rather than simply about visual acuity (20/20 vision). They should take a holistic approach to treating a child. They should exam their gross and fine motor skills, balance and coordination issues, and speech and attentional skills. Ophthalmologists, on the other hand, take an entirely different approach to examining the eyes.