What a great thread! Such good info. in here! We're currently in the process of choosing a school (likely bypassing K) for DSalmost5, and what has been both interesting/funny/extremely frustrating is that DS seems to "like" or "dislike" the schools that he has gotten to "try" (and yes, we are insisting that they let him come spend time in the classroom!) based on the other kids in the room, and, more specifically, whether he has found another dinosaur-obsessed child (and his bar is high - you can't just like 'em, you have to LOVE them and be able to debate about them!). It gives me hope that he will find peers who like his "big" interest at least enough that he can pull them along with him in his dino learning. But, I'm worried that I'm going to get "lazy" and miss other signs if he's seemingly happy at school because he can talk dinos in his "off" times there. Or, if he's happy, I guess I should assume the rest is good...or not...keep the thoughts coming...this is a really great thread!