[quote=gratified3] We're moving this summer and have a magnet option, but we're trying to figure out what district we want for the home or backup school. Is a mediocre school ok or should I be looking for a school that says 40% of its students are GT? Somehow, to me, that seems pretty close to "all our kids are gifted" which generally means no learning at all for my kids. I think, especially as the kids get older, that social fit means a lot and I'm wondering if a school with 40% GT would have a better social fit, even if the academics leave something to be desired.
/quote]

Of course the school with the good leadership would be my first choice, but it's probably too early to judge that one. My idea is to pick a neighborhood were the kids will fit in, values wise - rather than learning readiness-wise. It's kind of a drag to explain over and over why you kid has rules and stuff that are so different from the neighborhood kids, if you have a choice. I'm not sure how much HG and PG kids ever feel 'at home,' but it does take a village to raise a child.

Of course I'm praying that the Magnet doesn't fall through!
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com