Incidently I was doing a phonics program at home all last year with him as I didn't like the emphaisis on sight words and whole words at school and also because he was at some points flat out refusing to particiapte in the reading activities and I felt he wouldn't learn to read if I didn't take matters into my own hands and teach him reading myself with phonics. [At the time we didn't know about his vision disorder... so now when I read all of the reported behavior inicidents with DS 90% of them are involving reading time and the reading para (who he hated). So now I realize poor thing had no idea why he felt so angry and uncomfortable with reading (he was literally physically uncomfortable for him and very fatiguing).] Anyway, my point is I would have suspected that he would have at least met his DIBELS benchmarks considering that I was working with him consistently at home through a phonics program... now, like I said, he had the vision problem that we didn't about but I am wondering...