It helps to realize your friend's reaction is well-meaning but simply misguided.

You are the mom, and you know your child's needs. Getting the screening for autism/aspergers early will make a significant difference. It sounds like you have a very good, proactive pediatrician, and that is a great asset for you. Trust your doctor on this and go get your kiddo tested.

Your child will never be what your friend considers "normal", and there is often an attitude among bystanders who haven't walked in our shoes to think that we're somehow forcing our kids to be different. I doubt any of us want for our children the challenges that come with the gifts they have. But we've embraced our kids for who they are and are doing the best to give them the best tools possible for a rich, full life.

If it were me, I think I'd voice how hurtful it is to see my friend roll their eyes when I was discussing my child. If your friend is truly a friend, they'll hear you and a dialogue can begin where you can find mutual respect on the issue. If your friend doesn't hear you, then you have your answer about whether they can a part of that part of your life. They may make a better acquaintance than friend (someone with whom we don't share the private worries and details of our life).