I was also going to suggest looking into whether or not your insurance will pay for a neuropsych exam - ours covered the bulk of the cost when we were referred by our pediatrician.

We have two 2e kiddos - one in elementary and one in middle school. For both, the thing that far and above all else has been helpful is understanding how their challenges impact them and how to remediate/accommodate etc for the challenges - and that's where having neuropsychological evaluations followed up with whatever the neuropsych recommends in terms of other therapies and evals.

Second most important thing was keeping them as close to where we can re their intellectual needs - which can be quite a challenge in school as you've discovered. Re idea of rethinking the purpose of school and after schooling to give the intellectual challenge - that approach didn't work well for our kids - they are mentally exhausted by school even when it's beyond boring intellectually due to their 2e challenges, so there is very little energy left over to want to study anything else after school no matter how interesting. Plus in the early years we needed some of that after school time and energy for helping remediate challenges. The thing that worked best for us was to advocate for the intellectual challenge within school.

Re help from Davidson, my approach has always been to grab information from everywhere you can and use what's helpful... But also be sure to prioritize time and effort where you're going to get the most return on your time and effort. Davidson doesn't take much effort to apply, so go for it even if it doesn't turn out to be useful. At The same time, I would consider talking to your pediatrician re how to obtain a comprehensive eval from a neuropsych.

Best wishes,

polarbear