Well I would like to add to this and maybe get some advice for a middle schooler. My DS is in 6th grade and no matter how much we have fought we have gotten nothing extra for him except the normal G&T program and a bit of accelerated work here and there since K. He is now in the Accelerated Math program in the Middle School but it still isn't enough - he thinks it is as he might have to "think" about a problem. But in his other classes he is so slack. He does just enough to get by and complains that I just want him to be perfect if I give him a hard time about not doing better. Plus his social life has taken over all of his thoughts (I'm sure everyone remembers middle school and not wanting to be smart anymore). I've already been through the experiences you all are talking about but this is a whole new level. ANY thoughts would help. We actually went to the Johns Hopkins CTY award ceremonies this weekend and they had two wonderful and inspiring speakers and I thought this might give him a little perspective. His teacher also attended and spoke to him for awhile to help with our concerns. However, it was all short lived frown. I can't take the fighting anymore as it is affecting our relationship.