Originally Posted by islandofapples
DD often still cries in her car seat, so I'm loathe to go anywhere further than 10 minutes away. I'm definitely isolated where we live right now.

I had no idea parenthood would be this hard lol. I don't think anyone really thinks DD is any different from any other baby, either. I probably just sound like a whiner who can't handle one baby. ha

Remember the best advice ever.... DO WHAT WORKS AND IGNORE EVERYONE ELSE. SMILE AND WAVE, BOYS!!

I will freely admit that I used the portable DVD player and a Baby Einstein DVD to get anywhere in the car with both of my children as babies. DS was much worse than DD, he would scream bloody murder the minute I strapped him into his seat. Judge away, those people who say babies shouldn't watch TV... cause YOU DIDN'T HAVE MY CRAZY KIDS! I thought I was a genius for figuring out a way to drive peacefully. :-)

Another part of my 'do what works' stategy: I got a housecleaner. She is, bar none, the best $50 every two weeks that I have ever spent on myself. I am physically incapable of letting go of my perfectionistic tendencies. For me, the house was a huge source of stress. Now, my house fairy helps to keep me sane. I know that not everyone is in a position to afford a housecleaner, but if there is any way you can swing it then consider it. I would get rid of cable and go back to my natural hair colour before I ever got rid of my house fairy!

Last edited by kathleen'smum; 08/20/11 03:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery