Originally Posted by La Texican
Use flylady.com's email service and the cozi calendar. There's a whole thread about it here. I thought I had it togeather all right, but the flylady system is better. There's a whole thread about it on this forum. Really helped my attitude about cleaning after my recent baby. Attitude meaning not to be frantic, rushed, perfectionist about it. Flylady cleaning means being kind to yourself while blessing your house with a calm and consistent routine you create.

Thank you. I have checked out flylady before but felt overwhelmed by it. My house is so messy, even doing a little never lets me catch up. Keeping a clean kitchen sink would be nice if I could ever catch up on all these dishes from the whole foods meals I am trying to make. I downloaded a calender from motivated moms (similar to flylady I guess), but of course I never did it.

How do you find time to clean when your toddler hardly ever sleeps? Should I just try to hang on until DD reaches a point where she happily plays with legos or dolls for an hour so I can do something else?

I also write for and manage websites and sometimes I feel like writing is what keeps me sane...so... Business? Cleaning? Cook whole foods? Respond to baby's needs or let her fuss and cry in a playpen so I can do the other things? Eat food or take a shower? Somethings going to suffer, I feel like. If I write a lot one week, my house suffers. If I clean a lot, my business suffers. If I try to clean the house and eat well, I end up with no clean clothes and the baby has no clean cloth diapers.

All this stuff takes a decent chunk of time. I find it really hard to just write for ten minutes or say, JUST put clean diapers away while my baby rips all her clothes out of the other baskets. Ahhhh. It's like being followed around by a tornado lol.

Sorry I sound all down. I just need to vent. I know flylady is good and I am sure I will get this. I'm going to go find that thread. Maybe it will help inspire me! smile