"I'm still in awe of you who homeschool. I don't think I'd ever be able to relax, thinking I'm fully responsible and that I'm failing failing failing."

Cym, say you won't homeschool because you work, your child doesn't want to, they are getting great personal and social benefits at school,,even that it's not a good fit for your family.

But please, don't say it is because you would be afraid to fail at it. That would be unlikely, if not impossible.
I felt that way and realized I was afraid of taking on that responsibility and failing. After I spent some time looking into it and thinking about it, I realized I was letting my kids down by pushing off the responsibility on the school so I could blame them, not myself if things didn't work out.
I'm so NOT saying that is what you are doing.
But, this caused me to take a close hard look at what is going on in school and what the options are.
I did go in and talk to teacher/principal and they have changed the classroom environment for DD8.
I haven't gotten to that far for DD5, yet. But if it doesn't work out for her, I will homeschool.
Because I want to do it.
Because she wants to do it.
And, I'm not afraid to do it.
Just reading everyone's posts it's so clear we are all caring intelligent parents that would be able to homeschool if the need and desire are there.

And Ditto what Kriston said; exactly.

Incog