Originally Posted by CFK
I'm curious (and have nothing to do as I'm waiting for a delivery!) as to whether anyone thinks that a child can be EG/PG and function in a normal classroom without any acceleration. To me, that high LOG is synonymous with accleration, be it whole grade or subject. I understand how enrichment, going horizontal, is supposed to work, but it seems to me that one of the main characteristics of exceptional intellect is the rapid pace at which new skills can be learned and new information processed. Does anyone have a EG/PG child that is able to learn horizontally and stay within the limits of the grade curriculum?

No.

I usually paid attention for a minute during the start of the lecture until I knew I already knew it then went back to my daydreaming or reading. The usual solution was for me to be left alone with my books as long as I did the tests with the rest of the class. The only time I really enjoyed school when younger was when I was accelerated 2+ grades and even then I was the top performer in class.

Now that I am older, I see what a tremendous waste it was. But we did not know back then what we know now.

Last edited by Austin; 08/04/08 10:53 AM.