An excellent question, kimck...which I don't know the answer to. When DS6 took the SB5 (granted, on a really bad day...), he looked verbal; on the WISC, he looked visual-spatial. His verbal achievement scores were higher than his math, but then I hadn't been enriching him in math as I was in reading at the time. <shrug> Yet another instance when I'm clueless about my child!

I would say he has some qualities of VS (puzzles, mazes, "sees" the answer, etc.), but that he's also verbal enough that he's probably a fairly balanced learner overall. I'm trying to approach math more visually than I might naturally do so, just to cover my bases. He's a natural at geometry, patterns and those sorts of heavily visual math subjects.

I <heart> Lisa Rivero! Next to Deborah Ruf, she's been the most influential writer for my trek down this GT path. (Though the questions she offered to distinguish what sort of learner you have on your hands didn't help me.)

Anyway, I do think you and she might be on to something there...

BTW, here's the link to "Murderous Maths": http://www.murderousmaths.co.uk/

It is a very verbal approach to math, but it's great fun, with plenty of gruesome pictures. There are lots of subjects to choose from, dealing with everything from basic arithmetic to algebra and geometry to off-beat subjects like codes. I use it for days (like today) when DS6 just doesn't seem to feel much like doing problems AGAIN. It's a good change of pace, and is very much about the "why" of math, not just the how.

The "Horrible Histories" are great, too. smile

Kriston