Originally Posted by JenSMP
In a Montessori classroom, there is a lot of independent work time, so I don't know if she's in a position to praise like we'd suggest with the NHA.
I love the smile thumb too. I disagree that there isn't much to Energize in a Montessori class. Remember that energizing can be as simple as: "I see that you have your book open to page 4 and your pencil in your hand."

I know it doesn't sound flashy, but that can be enough. Remember that from the teacher every little bit is going to go a long way.

If the teacher agrees to a daily email, and then doesn't follow through, I would take matters into my own hands by sending the teacher a daily email. Of course I would use my 'perspective-taking glasses' to energize her positivity every single school day, no matter how small:
"DS was so excited about learning X in your class yesterday. We plan to praise him at the dinner table tonight. Is there something he did today at school that was positive? Thanks so much for your cooperation, this approach has really done wonders for our homelife."

Good luck with the meeting. I'm thinking of you today!
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com