I wouldn't say that you want Kindy to be rewarding - that smacks of special treatment.
I wouldn't say that you want Kindy to be challenging - that smacks of 'I'm an overcomptetive Mom who can't be pleased.'

I usually recommend playing the 'I want her to develop good work ethic' card - but for kindy I don't even think that one is safe.

I would focus on your daughter's stress level, and give any specifics that it is rising, and her social-emtional need to have learning materials at her own 'readiness level.' sort of the 'she thrives when...' sentence.

I wouldn't ask to modify kindy, I would as them to check her and see what she is ready to learn and then put together a plan so that she will be able to slowly and gently learn that school is a place where one has to pay attention and flex a few mental muscles to do well.

Also - any where you can throw in the words 'damaging to her self esteem' throw them in. You have to put yourself into the shoes of elementary school folks.

Welcome to the Forum Daytripper! Do you have any specific details that lead you to believe that the reason your dd is bored (a word you must not use with the teacher)? Bring in worksheets, books she reads at home, pictures she drew with words on them, IQ tests, any 'physical evidence' to show what level she is functioning on. If you can spend an hour or two observing the classrooms in the gifted program, and the regular 1st grade that would be VERY useful. No point in looking forward to a program that won't meet your daughter's needs.

Find out from your neighbor how many hours a week the gifted program is, and take a look at the work product that her children did in and out of the gifted program as 1st and 2nd graders. Try to figure out if the gifted program is looked on as a 'fun chance for gifted kids to get together and enjoy working together an hour or two a week' or a full time program for gifted children to learn how to learn and get the same good work ethic that ND (normally developing) kids get from their investment of time and energy into school.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com