I have a kiddo who does not test gifted but otherwise has the signs and symptoms... We moved schools and she got skipped up 2 years in math. For a while she knew none of the material because she had not been taught.... It was great to see her work and enjoy it and she loved the teacher...but we also knew that the pace would sooner or later disolve into something that did not work for her...She came into the class mid year and ended up the top in the class and flying through the material.... We were lucky with her placement at the school as they let the kids work at their own level but could not adjust for pace.... I am not sure why she does not get the scores she needs and I agree that instruction needs to be tempered according to some criteria I just do not agree that an IQ test should be the sole criteria. I know that there needs to be cut-offs and ways to deal with the funding etc. My kiddo is not PG by anymeans but she sure needed something more akin to a gifted student than a high achiever student.