I always attend the playdates because I enjoy talking with the other adults. When it comes to violent play...I do have issues w/pretending to kill people. I realizee that cops and robbers have been around for years but the world is different now and regardless of how insignificant it was then...it is so much more significant now.

Why is pretending to kill someone ok anyway? Yes it's pretend but that kind of imagination really does need to remain in check. My DD5 has a 6 yr. old friend who is a boy, and all he wants to do is kill something.

I truly believe in following the rules of other people's homes and of course mine being followed as well. I respect another person's differences and it's very difficult to screen out unhealthy playdates as the kids get older since they won't always want Mom or Dad around. At that point...well I can only hope that my kids know what's right and wrong and can say "no".

We all do our best and I try to be fair and balance the need to "hover" and the need to allow my children their independence.