Originally Posted by DeeDee
You should request, in writing, an evaluation from the school district, specifying everything you think may be wrong. From age 3 they are legally required to evaluate for disabilities. Many children are brushed off, but if you make the request in writing, they have 60 school days to get it done.

They did evaluate him. Problem is he was a perfect angel that day. There's no speech delay which was what they were hoping to get him in under. The people I was working with tried to find someway to qualify him, but he's not an in the box kid and didn't fall in any of their boxes. He's not autism spectrum, no motor delays, etc... Just severe issues with change and sensory things. I was told that until the tantrums interfere with school then they can't officially do anything.

To the poster about what they did with their ADHD kid, The time warning thing helps. We've been doing that for awhile. Also we have a wall chart that lists everything we do during the day and I change it for each day. There has been a bit of improvement with that. I'd LOVE to give rewards, but up to this point they don't seem to have any effect at all on him...