That sounds really promising with the tantrums, it's not always a situation where there is no other option but for him to totally exhaust himself ranting. At least sometimes he's capable of seeing what's going on around him and switching gears. With that ability eventually he'll be able to switch gears himself instead of having to have his gears switched by an external force (as in you carrying him out the door). (Like in a few years, "mom everything is getting to me, I have to go for a walk" (sound of door slamming).)

Our funny thing lately, speaking of the NO NO Nos, is DS hates both diaper changing and the whole idea of the potty, it's been going on a couple months where neither is a workable option. He will go around saying, "I need a new diaper. NO. I don't want a diaper. I hate diapers. No. I need a diaper. I want a new diaper. NO" etc. One day I said, "Say: "I'm conflicted". So now once in a while during the diaper talk he'll add in, "I'm SO confwicted". It's just so darn cute it makes me not mind as much that it takes 40 minutes to get a new diaper on.

Polly