Sorry for not knowing the whole back story, but I'm wondering if the pediatrician has eliminated medical causes such as: high lead level, low iron level, allergies, zinc deficiency, side effects of medications, sleep disorders, etc. If he was my kid I would want a full work up before I concluded it was all behavioral or sensory. I'm concerned that far too often kids are sent to OT and parents are told to work on discipline, while underlying physical causes are not being tended to. You can be the best parent ever with the best sensory diet ever but if your kid has an underlying physical problem it won't fix it.

It is great you are getting referrals. Get on the lists as fast as you can and time will go by.

My daily survival suggestions are:
1. Routine, routine, routine. Try to get his meal and sleep times as predictable as possible. Much of what you are describing could be tiredness related. Kids with sensory problems are often poorly regulated and they will not be able to develop routines on their own. Encourage a daily routine that includes specific periods for outdoor hard exercise. It is better if these don't come very late in the day.

2. Focus on just a few significant behavior problems (like hitting) and let everything else go as much as you can. Remove as many distractions as you can. Keep the TV off, reduce noise. Remove problem items from the house. Be as positive as you can and don't fight little battles.

3. Clean diet. Eliminate processed foods and sugar. Get him on a good multivitamin and fish oil supplement if at all possible.

4. Get some break for yourself no matter what you have to do to make that happen. You need to remain sane.

So, in other words, basics -sleep, exercise, food. Very simple and consistent expectations. Remind yourself while it may not look like it he's doing the best he can. Empathize with him when it doesn't work out.