I rarely have to discipline my son because he knows he would be grounded from the computer. But the few times I have done this he thought I treated him unfairly. When he thinks he is treated unfairly he doesn't react right away and he doesn't forget about it either. He waits until he finds the perfect opportunity to get even with me by pointing out things I do. He tries to catch me doing something that might be seen as similar in some way to what he got in trouble for. He doesn't come right out as say Mom, you are a big hypocrite, he just remembers word for word what I said to him and gladly repeats these words and then compares what he and I did and then says something like "Do you think that maybe that is just a little hypocritical?"

And he picks up on the fact that I feel kind of mean when I make him work on handwriting issues that he has difficulty with and that I am making him work on "endurance" when it comes to writing. He was very quick to point out that he heard me complain that it was wrong for the school to not offer any accommodations for his mild motor learning disability, but then make him work so much on this in our homeschooling. Today he told me he was getting a bad headache but he probably shouldn't bother asking me for Tylenol because I would just want him to work on his endurance and insist that he just learn to "endure" the headaches. The OT he saw only six times last year nicknamed him Mr. Drama.