Wow! It is great to hear about another 2 going nuts over nutcracker!
We received a video when ds performed last year, so that has certainly helped cement her knowledge of the various parts. Also, just for fun this year we found the Barishnikov made-for-tv Nutcracker on dvd at the library, it was gorgeous and instead of being horrified at the differences between what she already knew and this new version, dd was really intrigued and set to learning the new choreography.
(Granted she is far from really getting through most steps perfectly but there are parts where she holds her arms 'just right' or puts the perfect emphasis on the right foot movement at the right time, so I think something is going on...)

Cinderella is coming up for us too, more than likely we will go see it. Maybe we are right around the corner from each other!

DH found some short videos on youtube, there is one in particular which was really stunning, if I get the name of the ballerina I will post back...but a lot of them are worth checking out if you just search ballet, cinderella

It is really funny to DH and me that 10 years ago, if we'd thought about ever being this interested in ballet or even feeling like we were beginning to 'get' it, we would have both been just rofl! It is not something we in any way set out to have our kids get so deep into. Turns out, it is really fun, and so much more 'approachable' than I ever imagined.

Of course, becoming a dancer is such a long shot for either of them, my only realistic hope is that ballet will be a source of deep enjoyment for them both throughout their lives and not some far off distant, snobby pursuit.
Have fun at Cinderella if you go!

Last edited by chris1234; 01/17/09 04:09 AM.