Originally Posted by seablue
DD 25 mos. had her 2 year check up today. The paper handed to us had the following milestones on it:

Your toddler may be able to:

- Open doors, throw a ball overhand and climb stairs.
- Speak about 20-50 words.
- Speak in 2-3 word sentences.
- Stack 5 or 6 blocks.
- Copy adults fairly accurately.
- Repeat what mom, dad and others say.
- Tend not to like to share.

Does this list blow your mind?

As we were leaving, a grandmother freaked out when I said she was 2. Her grandson isn't speaking yet at 23 mos. and she had observed them playing together. Over the weekend the same thing happened when DD was a flower girl with a 23 m.o. girl - everyone was certain they were a full year apart.

On our 1 year checkup two weeks ago they did not even give us a list like they did at 9 mos as "it would be pointless". We recently took Mr W to a local daycare and he went around the room doing the puzzles and playing with all the toys. The teacher stopped talking several times to watch him. The items on the list they gave us for the Toddlers to move up to the 2 year olds he had already done. I took him into the 2-3 year old room and then the 3-4 year old room and the latter he seemed more interested in.

Last night I took him for a walk and showed him the moon and venus. Tonight I asked him to show me the Moon and Venus and he found both and pointed them out to me.