momx2 - DH insisted on getting the Wii. I told him, under no circumstances, is he to buy LEGO Starwars or any such game for the Wii. We have LEGO Starwars episode 4 one for the Mac and that almost drove me insane. We moved to weekends only when DH is home b/c he can remain unemotional and will simply unplug the computer at the alloted time. I buy into the I just 5 more minutes to finish this level etc then i get busy with something and 20min later, they are still playing. So the weekend only rule worked well in our house.

My issue w/ computer games today is that they never end. In my day, we had pacman and space invaders etc and those games end. The games that the boys play like Tribal Trouble, The TRibe, Star Wars never seem to end. With Star Wars, even though the computer is in the living room, I never stop moving so I miss when they finish a level which is a good stopping point and then move on to another one.

My issue and maybe we should break this out to a separate topic but i have 2 boys who both want to play. but they also want to watch the other play. SO if I give them each an hour, it ends up being 2hrs. So I had to institute a "watching the same as playing" rule.