I'm much more anxious since DS got his testing & "label" last summer. In preschool, his teacher told me she'd only known a handful of kids to read as well in her 20+ years of teaching. When we moved out of state mid year, his new teacher told me "he could recognize some words". Another 20+ yr teacher but she obviously didn't know him well at all. He's not shy & very verbal.

Still, we just thought he was pretty bright but a typical, goofy kid. It wasn't until the school approached us at the end of the last school year to advise testing & a grade skip, that we fully understood. Since then, he has skipped, is doing extremely well but I worry wayyyyy more. Ignorance truly is bliss! lol Now I worry I've never worked with him much, will he get lazy if still not challenged, how do I make things challenging, how much should I be doing before it's too much, worries about his age, etc. and worry more about his future.

Add to that 2 older sisters (14 & 8) -1 honor student, 1 with no concern for school & grades that show. How to balance all of them, is the middle child being ignored, ack, it's a mess!!

We are thankful though that DS has a read teacher at school (PS) that is wonderful & exploring different interest areas with him. She really looks out for him & has been great about accessing resources for his benefit.