Thanks for your thoughts and advice. I am always open to advice, and love advice to keep doing what I am doing, lol smile I agree with the afterschooling and waiting until K. I do know that afterschooling would be a great thing eventually. We do little elements of it now if he asks, I just wasn't ready to do lessons. I didn't really think of it as hothousing at all...but more like "today we are going to learn about _______" and me as a parent deciding what that blank is. I know there will always be a gap...just wasn't sure if I wanted to go through teaching more before school and make the gap larger. He is currently in a pre-k program a few days a week for a couple hours. It is very small so they can provide 1:1 at times. I think his teacher has brought in some things that are challenging for him to work on. I am interested to see how this is working out. I think this is good and some ways for him to experience before K, especially because he needs to learn that sometimes you work on something even if you don't feel like it and even if there is something else you would rather be doing. that's part of life. He told me on the 3rd day that she brought in math equations and they made up equations for each of them to do. He seems to have learned fractions recently and I am not sure how since his teacher said she didn't teach him. He learns lots of things mysteriously.