Thanks for the response. I have talked with his school a couple times. they haven't told me what they could do with a child like this other than the infamous words "differentiated instruction" They also told me that they have had "several" children reading before the age of 2 in their program and they are doing just fine. I find that very hard to believe, but I am hopeful that is true. When I called I spoke with the school psychologist a couple times. They do screenings in the spring for K, and we are also planning to do some private testing with him in the spring so that will hopefully be helpful. I would love to meet potential K teachers so I could figure out who would be the best. I am hoping that I have that opportunity. I just don't want him to have a bad first experience.

I did look into other programs, but there isn't really anything except a few private schools around. Montessori is full and the program that goes past K is pretty far away to commute, but is an option if we start making more money. All private schools I have encountered do scholarships based on financial aid, not on any academic skills. So aid is a maximum of 25% of tuition...which still makes tuition over $7,000 a year...if we even qualified. sigh. it will all work out though. I am a pretty positive upbeat person thankfully...just venting a bit. It's been a rough week as DH was recently laid off. Adds to the stress of it all.