Ladybug,

I am fairly new myself and found this site very helpful and I will pass on the information I received from my first post. Please start a separate string so your post does not get lost in the string like this one did. I found it very helpful and people are so thoughtful and welcoming I am sure you will find some useful advise. As for your question about your DD, I just bought and read (For the most part) Ruf's book 'Losing Our Minds: Gifted Children Left Behind'. She gives 5 levels of giftedness and by your post your child appears to be gifted, but you might want to post a longer one telling more about what you have witnessed. Also think back to how she was as an infant, because research shows the importance of this time in your child's life. Did she meet milestones or excel during the first 6 months? If she didn't it does not mean she is not gifted, just points to different levels within gifted.

And above all ... trust your instincts, because no one knows your child better than you do and if you are seeking answers to explain why your child is the way she is ... than I think you already believe that she is gifted.