Originally Posted by st pauli girl
seablue - this is a great list. I was wondering when my DS4 would get his "r" and "sh" sounds. It's still funny to hear this little one talk a mile a minute about anything, but he still has these normal little kid sounds.

Funny about the pronouns - DS started, at about 1, calling himself "you" and everyone else "I" because that's how we spoke to him. He'd come up to me and say "Pick you up!" this lasted for over a year - it's very hard to explain this concept!

Yes, "Pick you up?" is the one DD is stuck on, too. I don't try to explain. And I agree it's totally weird her enunciation isn't advanced. She will say something and DH and I will play 20 questions with her on what exactly she meant. She's very patient with us while we guess, saying, "No. No. No." and then she praises us when we get it right.

I woke up this morning thinking there's No Way she knows 900-1000 words, but, like everyone says, who cares. "Hundreds of words," works for me, too.

Kriston, thanks for clearing up the "concept of 4" thing. Makes complete sense now.

DD does the matching up similar looking letters thing, too. M-W-N, A-V-Y, etc. The other day we were looking at the letter O on a sign in public and she said, "Nipple."

Has anyone looked into the whole inductive vs. deductive reasoning when it comes to language development?

She just came over to me and I said, "Hey, you smell lke a number 2..." She looked up and said very sincerely, "No. Hippo has a number 2." She's holding a toy hippo. Lying or pretend? What a little rascal.