I am a late comer to this string but love all the input and is the vocabulary that really started me down this path of gifted. My 26 month has so many words I gave up counting back when she was around 15 months because it was already in the 100s. When she was around 8 months we had the "what's that" and "what's this" game which drove me nuts, but she was adding to her vocabulary. She finally got over it so I thought and then around two we were back to that game. She speaks in complete complicated sentences (10+ words)... even paragraphs as she pretend plays and plays with her dogs.

jojo:

I would love to get my hands on the background/developmental history questionnaire that you offered sea-blue. I think it is a great way to keep track and be prepared for later testing.

Also... I purchased the Ruf book and want some opinions ... I should probably post this separately so just let me know if I need to divide it out or someone can give me a quick response the this question:

The 5 levels for the most part makes sense to me and I know my DD is definitely level 3 or 4. Because of her understanding of opposites and left and right and the complex sentence structure I am more in par with level 4, but time will tell. What I am confused about is what makes the level 5 so different from level 4? If I understand it right they just have an inapt ability from birth and have mastered all kinder skills by two... am I right here? My husband argues that it is possible that our DD just has not been introduced to some of the things mentioned in the book as characteristics such as the puzzles and because of that we can't conclude she isn't level 5, but if I understand level 5 right, than introducing the child to these things at any point doesn't really matter, they just know it with out actually having experienced it before.

I hope that made sense!